All You Need To Know About Chlorine Dioxide03 Apr,2018 | Blog
What is chlorine dioxide? Do you want to know what chlorine dioxide is used for? Well, then this article is the right place to enhance your knowledge. Read along to find out all the answers to your questions.
Basic Information Of Chlorine Dioxide
The combination of one chlorine atom and two atoms of oxygen is commonly known as chlorine dioxide. The chemical formula of the compound is ClO2. The compound is yellowish-green in color under at room temperature (on the gaseous state). In this form, it is easily dissolved in water.
Several Uses and Their Benefits
Chlorine dioxide is a versatile sanitizer and disinfectant for numerous industries. If you want to know the common uses of chlorine dioxide, this is the right time:
1.) Effective in Water Treatment:
Chlorine dioxide is used as both a disinfectant and oxidant in drinking water treatment. It is highly effective in controlling waterborne pathogens and minimizing halogenated disinfection by-products. Being a broad spectrum biocide, chlorine dioxide is effective against viruses, bacteria, and fungi. GO2 is also effective with taste, odor, color, iron, and manganese removal.
2.) Used as an Industrial Solution for Numerous Need:
In many industries, they are used in a number of food and municipal applications in addition to gas and oil. The uses are mainly in:
In the livestock industry, chlorine dioxide is effective as:
– Antimicrobial agent in water used in poultry processing and drinking water.
– Controlling bio-film/bacteria slime.
– Sanitizer and disinfectant for hard surfaces such as drop hoses or calf pens.
II. For Food And Beverage Production
In the food and beverage industry, chlorine dioxide is a powerful disinfect and sanitizer for
– Hard, non-porous, food-contact surfaces.
– CIP applications for fountain drink or other beverage application.
– Controlling microbiological growth in food plant process water treatment.
III. Medical Application
The use of chlorine dioxide gas helps in sterilizing laboratory and medical equipment, rooms and tools, surfaces in hospitals and other healthcare environments if used in proper concentrations. Studies have also found that GO2 can also be effective to eliminate Legionella bacteria from the hospital environments. This is also good to remove Legionnaires’ disease, that occurs by the presence of Legionella pneumophila bacteria.
Other Industrial Uses
– Is used for oil wells and petroleum systems for remediation of bacterial and sulfide contamination.
– Helps to combat oil souring.
– Protect fluids from spoilage.
– Helps in cleaning circuit boards in the electrical industry.
– Works as a bleach for the textile and paper manufacturing processes.
Why Choose GO2 International?
When you are in need of chlorine dioxide for water treatment you should choose GO2 International as they offer state-of-the-art clo2 generation. They do not use any equipment or generators and production is the result of years of extensive research. GO2 is an EPA approved product with strict quality standards.