- Livestock: Cows/Dairy Bovine Mastitis Poultry Swine Fish
- Food Processing: Citrus Fruits Corn-Peas-Beans Lettuce Potatoes Spinach Tomatoes
- Buildings: Cooling Towers
- Energy: Bores Oil Wells
- Slime Control: Pulp and Paper Processing Slurry Slime
- Environmental: Soil Remediation
- Alcohol: Winemaking Brewing
Fish farming applications
- Use in breeding ponds of commercial fish farming operations, including egg and smelt propagation, farming of fish (commercial salmon, trout, tilapia, plus various species for stocking rivers and lakes), mollusks, mussels, clams, shellfish, shrimp, prawns, crustaceans, crabs, crayfish and lobster.
- Biological load control and reduction in effluent water from process facilities
- Cleaning of water in commercial (public) Aquaria, domestic aquaria, retail aquaria (pet stores and live fish tanks in supermarkets and restaurants), ornamental fish ponds.
Use of breeding ponds
GO2 is very effective at low concentrations in ponds and fish production basins. Chlorine dioxide is a very selective oxidant and reacts mainly with organic substances, thus maintaining the microbial quality of the water. The major advantage of chlorine dioxide, in comparison with other oxidants (hydrogen peroxide, ozone and chlorine), is its low oxidation power, in combination with a high oxidation capacity. At a concentration in live basins of about 0.04 mg/l (.04 PPM), the bacterial pressure is greatly reduced without having a negative effect on the biology and aquaculture in the water. From a concentration in live basins of 0.1 mg/l (.01 PPM), the ammonia and nitrite levels should be measured regularly. At higher concentrations in basins, from 0.2 mg/l to 0.5 mg/l (0.2-0.5 PPM) GO2 is well capable of significantly reducing and/or solving bacterial problems in fish. The fish will react slightly irritated at higher concentrations. The functioning of the biological filter may also be (significantly) reduced.
At these low PPM concentrations, a customer will receive a great yield of GO2 concentrate in 1,000 liters. At 1,000 liters dosing at .02 to .5 PPM, a customer can treat 2 to 10 million gallons of water, resulting in minimal end user cost per gallon.Clean water for fish and shrimp Clorine dioxide cleans and eliminates all negative water components. These include removes phenols, cyanides, sulfates, iron, manganese and methanogens from water. GO2 also proves effective against ISAV and IPNV
Clean water for fish and shrimpClorine dioxide cleans and eliminates all negative water components. These include removes phenols, cyanides, sulfates, iron, manganese and methanogens from water. GO2 also proves effective against ISAV and IPNV.
Fish industry applications
- Use in ice on fishing vessels, process factories, trucks, at wholesalers and in retail stores to prolong shelf-life through the progressive release of CLO2 gas to contact surfaces as the ice melts.
- Use on fishing vessels, in process factories (for raw fish and cooked/processed products), wholesalers and retail stores to clean the water used to wash fish
- Use on fishing vessels, process facilities (for raw fish and cooked/processed products), and retail stores to wash decks, floors, surfaces, machinery, equipment, implements, utensils, containers
- Use during storage and transportation of fish
- GO2 can be used with Marine Oil Pollution Solutions, keeping bilge water transparent enough, resulting in Oil Water Separators functioning trouble free and effective bilge pumping.
- GO2 can be applied to the salt brine solution to freeze fish at low concentration levels (5 PPM) . This results in odor control and extended shelf life of the fish.
Application Example: How to use GO2TM on Raw ShrimpRaw shrimp from farms (natural sea or rivers) are sent to a factory for processing.
- Washing water contains a dosage of 5-10 ppm GO2TM solution
- During sizing and peeling, washing with 2-3 ppm GO2TM solution
- Final rinse 0.2 to 0.5 ppm GO2TM solution
Advantages / Benefits
- High oxidizing power of GO2TM solution
- No need to regulate pH levels
- No smell or taste after final rinse water
- Longer shelf life
- Better customer acceptance compared to chlorine treated shrimp
- GO2TM solution storage tank
- Contact water meter or by DPD measurement
- Dosage pump (Acid resistant, equal to Prominent B-Line)
- Higher yield (up to 260% more oxidation output compared to chlorine)
- GO2TM does not chlorinate organic materials
- Decreases THM's, HAA's, MX and other harmful compounds
- Steady efficacy within pH levels pH 4 to 11