Importance of Cooling Tower Water Treatment12 Sep,2018 | Blog
Many industrial companies use cooling towers in their facilities. These companies use different types of cooling tower water treatment chemistries to ensure smooth processing and a long lifespan of its equipment. Biological growth, chemical residue, sludge, and corrosion can disrupt the functioning of the cooling tower if the water is left untreated for a long time and would ultimately lead to the replacement of equipment.
it requires years of expertise, effective technologies, and thorough knowledge to successfully deal with challenges that disrupt the smooth operation of the cooling tower. A reliable cooling tower water treatment leads to reduced scaling and sediment deposition gets rid of biological fouling and corrosion and prolongs the lifespan of the plant without damaging the environment.
Water treatment forms a crucial part in the processing operation and can be effectively used to reduce the depletion of water, remove minerals like zinc, carbonate, and chromates from the water and to control the growth of microorganisms.
What are the Features and Benefits of Cooling Tower Water Treatment?
Corrosion is a result of not treating cooling tower for a long time; it can lead to critical system failure in process cooling equipment, heat exchangers and recirculating water piping. Corrosion can also be held responsible for the loss of efficiency of the plant, as corrosion insulates the metals by making their way onto the heat transfer devices and restrict the flow of water.
The following are the benefits of cooling water tower treatment:
– Optimises the management of cooling tower
– Reduces water loss and improves productivity
– Minimises scaling and deposit of sediments
– Reduces corrosion
– Prolongs the lifespan of the cooling tower
– Provides safe water for discharge
– Leads to improved environmental practices
– Supplies reusable processed water
– Reduces the cost of operation
What is Reliable Treatment of Your Cooling Tower Water?
GO2 provides a safe de-scaler and powerful, pure chlorine dioxide to effectively treat cooling towers, providing the following benefits:
1) Scale Prevention: GO2 has launched a new Safe D-Scale product which is effective for any de-scaling need. Most importantly, though, GO2’s Safe D-Scale is not corrosive on human skin and has passed a third-party dermatology test.
2) Corrosion Control: Corrosion can potentially hamper the productivity of a plant if left unchecked for a long time. Cooling tower water treatment eliminates the risk of corrosion as the system functions in a very saturated environment. Additionally, GO2 chlorine dioxide is a non-corrosive product and has third-party corrosion testing to validate.
3) Biological Control: GO2 provides superior disinfection technology to control and prevent the growth of bacteria, M. Avium, Legionella, Pseudomonas, Salmonella, E. Coli, algae and other microorganisms.
4) Sediment Control: Effective filtration technologies are put to test to remove airborne contaminants like dirt, dust, insects, seeds, and bio-fouling.
A reliable cooling tower water treatment is the one that is environment-friendlier, effective at removing slime, bio-films, and microorganisms, and corrosion free. Ask us how solutions with GO2 will improve the overall productivity of facility cooling towers.